Identity & access
When you sign up for Highflare, we ask for your name, company name, and email address. That's just so you can personalize your new account, and we can send you invoices, updates, or other essential information. We’ll never sell your personal info to third parties, and we won’t use your name or company in marketing statements without your permission, either.
When you pay for Highflare, we ask for your credit card or PayPal account and billing address. That's so we can charge you for service, calculate taxes due, and send you invoices. Your credit card is passed directly to our payment processor and doesn't ever go through our servers. We store a record of the payment transaction, including the last 4 digits of the credit card number, for account history, invoicing, and billing support. We store your billing address to calculate any sales tax due in the European Union, to detect fraudulent credit card transactions, and to print on your invoices.
When you write Highflare with a question or to ask for help, we'll keep that correspondence, and the email address, for future reference. When you browse our marketing pages, we'll track that for statistical purposes (like conversion rates and to test new designs). We also store any information you volunteer, like surveys, for as long as it makes sense.
The only times we’ll ever share your info:
- To provide products or services you've requested, with your permission.
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
Processors we use
As part of the services we provide, and only to the extent necessary, we may use certain third party processors to process some or all of your personal information. For identification of these processors, and where they are located, please see our subprocessors listing.
Your personal information can be used in the following situations:
- To keep track of information about electronic document transactions (for example, who initiated, viewed, or signed the documents; signers' IP addresses; timestamps, and so on).
- Resolve any issues you may have with our Services, such as answering support questions, providing customer education and training, and resolving disputes.
- Manage the Highflare platform and services, including support and security systems.
- Prevent, investigate, and respond to fraud, unauthorized access to or use of our Services, violations of terms and policies, or other wrongful behavior.
- Create and review data about our users and how they interact with our Services.
- Develop new features and products, test updates to our services.
Highflare won’t hand your data over to law enforcement unless a court order says we have to. We flat-out reject requests from local and federal law enforcement when they seek data without a court order. And unless we're legally prevented from it, we’ll always inform you when such requests are made.
Security & Encryption
All data is encrypted via SSL/TLS when transmitted from our servers to your browser. The database backups are also encrypted. Data isn’t encrypted while it's live in our database (since it needs to be ready to send to you when you need it), but we go to great lengths to secure your data at rest.
When you cancel your account, we'll ensure that nothing is stored on our servers. Anything you delete on your account while it's active will permanently deleted.
Location of Site and Data
This Site is operated in The Netherlands. If you are located elsewhere, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to The Netherlands. By using our Site, participating in any of our services and/or providing us with your information, you consent to this transfer.
Changes & questions
Highflare may update this policy once in a blue moon — we’ll notify you about significant changes by emailing the account owner or by placing a prominent notice on our site. You can access, change or delete your personal information at any time by contacting our support team.
Last update: December 02, 2022